How to unlock your iPhone with Subscriber Artificial Module
This method would allow to you activate an unofficial SIM through iTunes after which, you could just use Ultrasn0w to unlock it completely! The benefit of Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM) as opposed to hacktivation is that it will result in great battery life, fully working push notifications and so on just like how it is on the officially activated iPhones.
This is it’s description in Cydia :
Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)” tricks your iPhone and iTunes into creating legitimate activation tickets even though you’re unlocked with ultrasn0w. This means you get the full benefit of push applications, and your battery life increases substantially. If you’d like to try it out, check out http://www.bingner.com/SAM.html
Follow the guide below :
- First of all, add http://repo.bingner.com as a repo in Cydia.
- Next, install “SAM” and “SAMPrefs” through the Bingner Repo.
- Now start the latest Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 again and select “Deactivate” option as shown in the screenshot below. This will allow your iPhone to revert back to a stock lockdownd in order for SAM to function.
- Now navigate to Settings > SAM and click “De-Activate iPhone”.
- Now, make sure your iPhone is connected to your computer and that iTunes is open.
Hacktivated with redsn0w or PwnageTool:
- Option #1: Click “Revert Lockdownd to Stock” in Settings>SAM.
- Option #2: redsn0w for iPhone 3G or 3GS on firmware 4.0 or later.
- Download redsn0w 0.9.6b6 or later from http://blog.iphone-dev.org.
- Run redsn0w and select the “Deactivate” option.
- Option #3: my custom stockify program – works on any phone 3.0+ (same as #1).
- With SAM and SAMPrefs installed; install openssh and secure shell into your phone. Run “stockify” and it will revert your lockdownd to a stock lockdownd.
- Reboot your phone.
iPhone goes to FactoryActivated when you click “deactivate”
- If you have jailbroken with pwnagetool or redsn0w follow the instructions under “Hacktivated with redsn0w or PwnageTool”
- If you have jailbroken with GreenPoison or Limera1n after installing SAM, you need to reinstall SAM