How to root your Xperia Play!
Xperia Play is one amazing device which I’ve been using for the past week and I always wanted a root for it. Thankfully a few days ago, Bin4ry, a senior member of xda-developer forum’s successfully rooted his Play. Following his tutorial, I did to. and here, I give a complete how-to how you can root yours too!
Note : You should have unlocked your Boot Loader first. If you haven’t already, follow our tutorial here and then come back : http://wp.me/p1tMdh-6R
Lets get started!
1. First, download this file here : http://www.multiupload.com/U9Z2YJ2FAJ
2. Then, open up a Terminal (Linux or Mac) or a Command Prompt (Windows).
3. Now copy the downloaded package to the location of fastboot you used for unlocking.
4. Next, enter this command :
fastboot flash system YOURDOWNLOADEDFILE.img
fastboot -i 0x0fce flash system YOURDOWNLOADEDFILE.img
fastboot-mac -i 0x0fce flash system YOURDOWNLOADEDFILE.img
5. Wait until done. Once done, reboot.
Thanks to Bin4ry for the root! (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1043630)