How to unlock the boot loader of your 2011 Sony Ericsson Android phone!
Sony Ericsson is now the first company to offer an unlock for their boot loader. This means that rooting the phone now gets easier! Today, I’ll be giving you a step-by-step on how to unlock the boot-loader. Also, I’ll be showing you how to root the Xperia Play in another post! This tutorial was tested on an Xperia ARC.
Warning : Do this at your own risk. You could brick the phone making it useless. Also, remember that unlocking the boot loader involves Factory Resetting the device which means that all your data would be lost. save it before proceeding.
Let’s get started!
1. First of all, download these two packages :
Fast boot package : http://www.multiupload.com/BMJ24IL6XY
x86/x64 drivers : http://www.multiupload.com/0XZV1LXRVA
2. After you’ve got the two packages, head over to this website : http://unlockbootloader.sonyericsson.com/instructions
3. At the bottom of the page, click on the “Continue” button. Now, enter your IMEI number (type *#06# to find it out), name and email address.
4. You should now receive an unlock key. Keep it safe.
5. Then, extract the fastboot.rar file and open up fastboot.exe.
6. Now, hold SHIFT and right click on the background of the folder.
7. Select the “Open Command Windows here.” option.
8. Now, open up your phone in FASTBOOT Mode (Turn phone off, hold Menu button and plug in the usb cable) .
9. In the Command Prompt windows, type fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version .
10. If a value is returned, then your phone is correctly connected.
11. Type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY and replace KEY with the unlock code you got in Step 4.
12. Great! Now your phone is Boot Loader unlocked!
Xperia Play rooting tutorial coming up in a few hours. :)