DFU Mode and Recovery mode are 2 SEPERATE Things.DFU Stands for Device Firmwar Update and Recovery mode is when you’re recovering from a issue.
How to enter Recovery mode
Step 1 : Connect your iDevice to the computer.
Step 2 : Turn your iDevice OFF.
Step 3 : Hold down the Power and Home Button Together untill you see this :
How to enter DFU Mode
1. Locate the Home and Power buttons on your iDevice. The Home button is the round button below the screen; the Power button is the rectangular button located on top of your iDevice.
2. Plug your iDevice into your computer and turn it OFF.
3. If you can’t count well in you head, look at a clock that displays the seconds because the timing of these steps is very important.
4. Press and hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds. The screen should cut off at around 8 seconds
5. While still holding the Home button, release the Power button.
6. Continue holding the home button for about 30 seconds.
7. The screen will remain off and the iDevice will look unchanged, but, if you’re on Windows, you will hear the connected hardware sound; if your on a Mac, iTunes will open and tell you
that your iDevice is connected in “Recovery” mode.