There is now a “One Click” root method for the Motorola Droid Pro running Android 2.3 Gingerbread. You can easily root the Droid Pro using the instructions below:
Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed
2. Download and unzip ‘Droid 3 easy root script v5′ – (Link)
3. Put your phone in USB Debugging Mode “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
4. Plug phone into computer and select “Charge Only” mode
5. Navigate to “Droid 3 easy root” folder and run “Click to root your Droid 3.bat”
6. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each!
Done! You can now enjoy your rooted Droid! Although the tutorial says Droid Pro, this method even has worked for the other phones in the Droid Series.
All credit goes to Framework43 and psouza4 for the root and Android Advice for the link.