This tutorial will cover all the steps required to root your Xperia Ray running on Gingerbread-2.3.4 or ICS-4.0.3. Just follow all the steps given below!
P.S. – Your Bootloader should be unlocked to root your device. If it isn’t already unlocked, check this tutorial out – Link
– How to root on Gingerbread
- 1. Download the following file – Link
- 2. Extract the files to a folder on your Desktop.
- 3. Open up the folder and open up the file which reads – “RUNME.bat”
- 4. Follow the on-screen commands!
- 5. Congrats, your device is now rooted!
– How to root on ICS
- 1. Download the following files – Link
- 2. Connect the usb cable to the phone ->run .bat file from zip
- 3. Press any key
- 4. The phone will turn off, wait to switch on again (see the lockscreen)
- 5. Press any key again
- 6. The phone will reboot again(same as 6th step)
- 7. Press any key …again
- 8. Same as 6th step
- 9. Press any key, if the bat closes, you are rooted!
P.S. – USB Debugging should be enabled at all times and remember that you need to install all the required ADB and Android drivers for your device.