In the world of Android, alot of themes, tweaks and tricks require the need of a Custom Deodexed rom. Deodexed roms are firmwares where the .APK files of the System Software itself are packaged in a way so that they can be modified easily without causing any harm to the framework or the Android Environment.
This tutorial will cover all the steps required to deodex any stock Android Rom so that you don’t need to install a Custom Rom yourself!
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your Android Device doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions.
Please make sure –
- Your device should already be rooted.
- You should already have Android ADB and the Android-SDK installed in your computer and should have basic ADB knowledge.
- Busybox should already be installed in your device.
Required Downloads –
- xUltimate – Link
- Connect your phone to computer.(Make sure you have select USB debugging in Settings>Applications>Development)
- Extract xUltimate v2.3.3.zip and Launch Main.exe
- If everything goes well xUltimate should recognize the phone and make a connection.You now should see a list of options.
- Select option (1) pull /system/app. Wait until it complete.
- Select option (2)pull /system/framework. Wait until it complete.
- Then select option (3) Deodex /system/app. Wait until it complete.
[If encounter any error. Find out which .odex file is it. Then remove .odex file from folder origi_app in xUltimate folder]
- Then select option (4)Deodex /system/framework. Wait until it complete.
- Now Exit from xUltimate.
- Put the phone in USB mass storage.
- Go to xUltimate folder and copy “done_frame”, and “done_app”, and move them to the root of the sdcard.
- Now get out from USB storage mode.
- Open Command prompt.
( Go to / cd folder where android sdk installed. Then go to platform-tools folder in it. Right click on free space in folder while pressing shift key.Select open command prompt here.
Now enter commands.)
- Enter following commands.(if you are using adb shell in su for the first time, keep phone screen on. After entering “su” code, super user request prompt in phone. Press allow).
- You now you have deodexed rom.