This tutorial will help you enable the tablet interface on your Google Nexus 7, which has a phone-like interface by default.
Cool, right? So let’s start with the tutorial!
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your Nexus 7 doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions. Also, please note that this patch is currently in development. Please read the instructions carefully.
Note that –
- This will mainly work on AOSP Nexus 7 roms. If it doesn’t work for you, please install an AOSP Rom and try again.
- Your tablet must be Deodexed. Follow this tutorial to do the same.
- You must wipe Dalvik-Cache and Cache. Formatting /system and Factory Resetting the device is not required.
Required Downloads –
- Tablet UI Patch – Alpha 1 – Link 1 , Link 2
- (Optional) Stock UI patch (Restores your UI to the default Nexus 7 layout) – Link 1 , Link 2
- Download the required files.
- Shift the file to the internal storage of the device.
- Boot your device into ClockWork Mod Recovery or any other Recovery.
- Flash the zip.
- Wipe Cache and Dalvik-Cache.
- Reboot and you should be able to use Tablet UI on your device!
That’s it folks.We hope this tutorial helped.