Disclaimer: First of all,this is only recommended for people who want try Windows 8 for before actually buying it.We call know that Windows 8 has some big issues with what developers can use on it and where they can use it i.e. dev. software only runs on x64.So,people should check out exactly what they want before they purchase it.That’s what we think..Please don not pirate Microsoft software just to save money.Microsoft has worked really hard on this project so respect that and use original software.
With that out of the way,let’s dig into the tutorial part of this article!
We’ve been using Windows 8 for quite some now and I must say,atleast ‘I’ and impressed.Yes,’impressed’ but not ‘blown away’.
There is no doubt that Windows 8 is gonna make a good tablet OS but that’s not what Microsoft is know for right? They’re known for their desktop OS i.e Windows.Now,agreed that they are adapting and trying to make a mark in this tablet and smartphone hungry world but to be honest,I loved Windows 7 and am a little disappointed that Windows 8 isn’t that big an upgrade (keeping only PCs in mind).
But hey! that still does not mean I’m not gonna install it? And I’m sure you wanna install it too.So,let’s get started with the things you’ll need while and before installing:
- A compatible system (check the requirements here)
- Windows 8 .iso file (only download the one you want)
- Windows 8 Activator (will be used in the end) -> Download this and keep it ready on another USB or partition on your computer.
- uTorrent (it’s used to download torrent files.You can use any other torrent client as well.) ->
- WinRar (to unarchive the .tgz activator file) -> Download this on Windows 8 using IE.
- A 4 GB or more USB drive or a single-layered DVD (I suggest using a DVD)
- Basic knowledge of how one boots into a USB/DVD via your BIOS
- 1-2 hours and loads of patience
Once that’s sorted out,just follow along.
- Backup your data on your current OS.
- Use this tutorial to make a bootable USB/DVD for Windows 8 using the .iso you downloaded earlier.
- Insert the USB/DVD and reboot your system.
- Enter your BIOS settings/boot menu(i suggest getting into your boot menu).Since every BIOS has a different method of doing so,you can look up the hotkey for your specific BIOS/boot menu in the motherboard/laptop’s manual or use Google.Once,you are into your BIOS/boot menu,select USB for your USB drive or select DVD-ROM if you’re using a DVD.
- Once you do that,the Windows 8 installation will start and it’ll ask you for a CD key.Use this XKY4K-2NRWR-8F6P2-448RF-CRYQH. After that just follow installation wizard and make sue you read everything properly while doing so.Once,you’re at the ‘Windows update’ section,turn them OFF completely to avoid any issues later on.Also,make sure you select the right partition to install Windows 8 on to avoid any data loss.
- When the wizard finishes installing,it’ll reboot your system and boot it up into the Windows 8 setup wizard where it’ll ask for you to setup accounts and what not.It is pretty self-explanatory so you shouldn’t have any problem there.If you do,you can always contact us or comment below.
- After you’ve gone through with the account setup,your computer should restart and boot back into Windows 8.
Now,right now you’ll have a working Windows 8 OS but it’ll not be activated i.e. you wont be able to access the personalization section and also wont be able to install Microsoft Office 13.To rectify that,follow the instructions below or feel free to close your browser and enjoy Windows 8.But,why would anyone do that right?
- Open up the Activator you downloaded earlier using WinRar and extract it on your desktop.
- In the extracted files,run ‘Windows 8 Pro Final Activator.exe’ as admin and let it do it’s thing.
- Once that’t done,reboot your system.
- That’s it! Your Windows 8 copy should be activated and fully functional.
For Dual Booting with any other version of Windows
The procedure remains the same – Just follow the same instructions and the Windows 8 bootloader will handle the rest.