The iPhone Dev-Team have just updated Redsn0w, adding full support for final public release of iOS 6/6.0.1 on select devices with official version of Cydia, along with tons of new features which are detailed after the jump.
Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 for both Windows and Mac not only adds support for tethered jailbreak of iOS 6/6.0.1 on A4 based devices, but also for re-restoring and downgrading of select devices from iOS 6/6.0.1 to an older firmware, or in case of re-restoring, from iOS 5.x to iOS 5.x.
First and foremost, it is important to note this is a tethered jailbreak and is only meant for devices boasting an A4 processor (or below), namely: the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and the 4th-gen iPod touch. Devices with A5 (iPhone 4S, iPad 2), A5X (iPad 3) and A6 (iPhone 5) processors are not supported at this point. Hacktivation + baseband preservation support has also been added for iPhone 4 and 3GS.
People updated their iDevices to iOS 6.0.1 after its official release on 1st November.
Jailbreaking it was still a headache for people as an error was shown – “Missing keys.plist” when the device was put into DFU mode and the device was being read.
We at Technologic101 have found a solution to this problem.
The procedure is very simple.
All You Need is iOS 6.0.1 IPSW file on your computer.(For iPhone 3GS and 4 users, BaseBand version should be 06.15.00 or any other compatible BaseBand version)
- Upgrade to 6.0.1 via iTunes .
- List item
- Get Redsn0w version 0.9.15b3
- Download iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore.ipsw
- Follow the jailbreak procedure.
- Don’t do the “Just Boot” thing yet (this is where we kept getting the missing keys bullshit)
- Jailbreak the phone again using the same procedure listed before, but uncheck the “install Cydia” box and check the “install iPad Base Band” box and say you’re sure. AGAIN, verify this is what you want to do! If you have a late model 3GS, DO NOT TRY THIS! IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!
- Do not try to “Just Boot” the phone yet.
- After the 2nd jailbreak, your phone will be on. Go into the Cydia app and install Ultrasn0w. There are plenty of articles written on this.
- Go into Cydia app again and install Untrasn0w Fixer 6.0 NOT 6.0.1! Note: If you’re planning on using the iphone with T-Mobile, you need to turn off 3G in the settings on the phone. This goes for any network without 3G service.
- Go back into Redsn0w and follow the “Just Boot” procedure.
- The iPhone should reboot with a pwnapple logo.
You Have Successfully jailbroken your iDevice. Have Fun!