Redsn0w, one of the best jailbreaking tools in the scene was today updated to version Just and has some great changes in it which were very much required.
In the latest version, the IPSW files are no longer required except for the iOS 5 Betas as these are not available to the public at the moment (except to Developers).
Here’s the full changelog :
Uses DFU mode to try to automatically determine which device and FW you have
Fetches pieces of public IPSWs from Apple (once).
Non-public IPSWs must be provided manually (once). It then caches those pieces for future use.
“Just boot” is a tethered boot.
Uses whatever “Preferences” you’ve set for boot logo and kernel boot-args
“Pwned DFU” puts your device in a pwned DFU state for some of the iTunes stuff detailed below “Recovery fix” gets past 1015 types of errors (when baseband portion of restore fails). Should work on iOS5 beta too
“Select IPSW” is for picking non-public IPSWs, or overriding auto-detection “SHSH blobs” has a bunch of options…
“Fetch” – fetch current PARTIAL blobs on device. Should complete in under 10 or 15 seconds. Puts the set of PARTIAL of blobs on your computer as a plist.
Checks if Cydia already has a full set for this device and build. If not, it submits this PARTIAL set and returns Cydia’s acknowledgement or rejection
“Verify” – cryptographically verifies existing blob files from either redsn0w, TinyUmbrella, or Cydia server.
You can select a whole bunch of blobs to verify at once if you want (like the TinyUmbrella directory) “Submit” – both verifies and submits one or more blob files to Cydia. This lets you copy your entire TinyUmbrella cache of blobs up to the Cydia server
“Query” – queries the Cydia server for all available FULL or PARTIAL blobs for a given set of ECIDs “Stitch” – stitches either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a STOCK or CUSTOM IPSW
Other updates :
1. FULL blobs stitched to a STOCK IPSW gives you a completely self-contained signed IPSW that iTunes will accept without any tricks (no need to go into pwned DFU mode, no need to start TinyUmbrella TSS server, no need to redirect to Cydia server for blobs)
2. PARTIAL blobs stitched to any IPSW requires you to go into pwned DFU mode before running iTunes. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
3. stitching either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a CUSTOM IPSW also requires a pwned DFU start before iTunes restores. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
4. stitching is NOT yet supported on iPhones (well, at least not tested). Need to work out the baseband part of the restore process.
5. will eventually support fetching the blobs directly from Cydia instead of a file on your computer
Just Follow the instructions Properly and You’ll be Fine =D
Steps (for Mac and PC users):
1. Download Redsn0w from the download section below and run it.
If you’re on Windows Vista or Windows 7 then you should right click Redsn0w and set compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and then run it as the Administrator.
2. Hit Jailbreak and enter DFU mode by following these steps:
a. Hold down the power button for 3 seconds
b. Continue holding the power button and start holding the home button and continue HOLDING BOTH for 10 seconds
c. Let go of power and continue holding home button for 20 seconds (even after it skips to the next screen! YOU MUST COUNT TO 20 ON YOUR OWN)
3. Select install Cydia and any other options you want – however, don’t select “Install custom bundles”
4. Wait for it to finish and reboot.
5. Power off your iDevice while its plugged in and then open Redsn0w again
6. Hit “Extras” and then select “Just boot” and enter DFU mode by following the instructions in step 2.
You are now Jailbroken on iOS 4.3.5 so ENJOY =D
NOTE: you WILL need to follow steps 4 and 5 every time you need to reboot your iDevice!
Download Redsn0w Here : Download Redsn0w
Video Demonstration —>>>