Facebook has relesed their new launcher, Home, available on the Google Play Store. However, it’s currently US-only, and only available on a bunch of devices (for reasons known only to Facebook.)
But if you’re from another part of the world, and want to try it on your device, and it’s not supported yet? Don’t worry. Here’s a small tutorial to help you out. Although, you’ll need to be rooted for it to work.
1) First of all, get the Facebook Home .apk for here
2) Then, go into /system using a file manager of your choice (I used Root Explorer from the Play Store). You’ll find a build.prop text file there.
3) We have to edit the following values –
ro.product.model=”Some unique string”
ro.product.name= “Some unique string”
ro.product.device=”Some unique string”
Replace your device’s unique string with “GT-I9300” (without quotes)
4) Reboot. Install the Facebook Home APK and open it. Boom. That’s it. All done.
As it happens, you don’t need Facebook Home to use Chat Heads. It comes with the Messenger app update. So, if you only want Chat Heads, just update Messenger!
#Update1: This method is cumbersome and time-consuming so please follow the this article instead
We live in a monopoly with USA as the super-power.So,it seems fair that Americans have an exclusive app market to purchase or browse content on.But this does not mean we can’t have access to it.A simple proxy does the trick,but the question is,which proxy and whether to pay for one or not?
Paying for a proxy is a stupid idea when there are free alternatives (which do work) out there.We’ll be talking about the most convenient and easy to use proxy in just a second.For now,let’s talk about what one needs to get access to the US playstore.
- Install Market Enabler on your phone just like you would install any other .apk file and download and install Hotspot Shield too from the playstore.
- Open Market enabler and select a ‘ US ‘ carrier from the second tab (swipe left once).We suggest using us-verizon.Make sure you don’t set it as ‘set on boot’ because that’ll interfere with your calls and/or messages.
- Now open up the VPN app and enable it.It’ll take a few seconds only.
- Now,go to Settings -> Apps -> All and look for ‘Google Play Store’ and empty it’s cache.
- Open up the Playstore and you should see the US Playstore which would look something like this.
For more exciting news regarding the world of technology,check Technologic 101 out on Google+ or on Facebook.
Are you a Photoshop enthusiast looking for free stock images and always end up on sites like Shutterstock or iStockphoto with the photo you want right in front of you and a price-tag you can’t afford or just don’t want to buy a stock image? I know,it’s super annoying when that happens.
Well,what does one do in such a situation? Fortunately,there are free alternatives out there and one of which is YourShots.
This site is a ‘free‘ solution for people looking for stock images/videos for Photoshop/movie-making purposes.It’s completely free and is constantly updated as and when the members click good photographs.It provides really good quality photos and quick support if you need any.You can talk to the owners on their Facebook page and tell them what you require.We’re sure,they’ll help.
We personally use YourShots on a daily basis ’cause well,what’s better than ‘free’ HQ images,right? Happy Holidays!
For more exciting news regarding the world of technology,check Technologic101 out on Google+ or on Facebook.
Multiple sources have told us LG is working on a Nexus phone, and today we recently received the first hands-on report of the device. The source claims he is not a Google employee, but apparently he has access to one who says the devices were handed out last week for testing.
“I can confirm the next nexus is LG Optimus based. The phone looks surprisingly like the Galaxy Nexus and does not have sharp corners like the LG Optimus we already know. It has a silver’ring like the iPhone 3G around the outer edge of the screen which seemed to be similar to the Galaxy Nexus in size but was much better in brightness.
I couldn’t have said if it was larger in the few minutes that I had the phone. Also, it has Nexus written on the back like the Nexus 7 except there is a color element to it. The ‘X’ is in four colors. There was also the LG logo on the back.
Android 4.2 in its current state looked exactly like the 4.1.1 we love. There were no tabs on that build version for home-screens as you suggested from your other tipster. What I was amazed by is how fluid everything seemed to be from exiting apps, switching, etc. It seems like they’ve increased the number of transitions and their types. It still had the hodge-podge mess of multiple communication tools: Messenger, GTalk, Voice and SMS.”
As for the specs part of the leaks,the new nexus is gonna come with a lot of horsepower.The LG Nexus will have a Quad Core Snapdragon S4 processor – confirmed to be clocked at 1.5GHz – with an Adreno 320 GPU, as well as 2GB of RAM,.It’ll have a 1280 x 768 True-HD IPS screen and an 8 megapixel camera running the new and improved Jellybean 4.2.
Considering this along with other leaks,this is what mockup artists came up with.
If you ask me,I’d say this looks really sleek and sexy which has become the trademark for Nexus devices in the last few years.The launch event is scheduled for later this month (no fixed date as of now).Don’t worry,we’ll keep you posted!
For more exciting news regarding the world of tech,check us out on Google+ or on Facebook.
Technologic101 does not condone piracy in any way. This tutorial is only for educational purposes.
Everyone loves YouTube.It’s the best online video database on earth.It simply does not have any competition whatsoever.But,on the flipside,YouTube restricts users from downloading their videos (for obvious reasons)Although,there are other workarounds that one can follow to get download and store their favorite YouTube videos and this tutorial will cover all the steps needed to download Youtube videos and music directly on your Android device!
**This method is just one way to do it.There are other ways to download YouTube videos as well.So,if this doesn’t work,just leave a comment below or google it for yourselves**
1. Go to tubex.me on your Android device.
2. Click on the Download option and download TubeX.
3. Install the APK file and open it up.
4. You will now see the main interface of TubeGod. Now select any video which you want to download.
5. Hit the menu button on your device and select Download. Now choose download again and select the file format and size that you want to download in.
6. Now wait for the download to complete.
7. Now select the video/mp3 and enjoy!
Stay tuned for more on Android,iOS,Windows and the World wide web!
In the world of Android, alot of themes, tweaks and tricks require the need of a Custom Deodexed rom. Deodexed roms are firmwares where the .APK files of the System Software itself are packaged in a way so that they can be modified easily without causing any harm to the framework or the Android Environment.
This tutorial will cover all the steps required to deodex any stock Android Rom so that you don’t need to install a Custom Rom yourself!
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your Android Device doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions.
Please make sure –
- Your device should already be rooted.
- You should already have Android ADB and the Android-SDK installed in your computer and should have basic ADB knowledge.
- Busybox should already be installed in your device.
Required Downloads –
- xUltimate – Link
- Connect your phone to computer.(Make sure you have select USB debugging in Settings>Applications>Development)
- Extract xUltimate v2.3.3.zip and Launch Main.exe
- If everything goes well xUltimate should recognize the phone and make a connection.You now should see a list of options.
- Select option (1) pull /system/app. Wait until it complete.
- Select option (2)pull /system/framework. Wait until it complete.
- Then select option (3) Deodex /system/app. Wait until it complete.
[If encounter any error. Find out which .odex file is it. Then remove .odex file from folder origi_app in xUltimate folder]
- Then select option (4)Deodex /system/framework. Wait until it complete.
- Now Exit from xUltimate.
- Put the phone in USB mass storage.
- Go to xUltimate folder and copy “done_frame”, and “done_app”, and move them to the root of the sdcard.
- Now get out from USB storage mode.
- Open Command prompt.
( Go to / cd folder where android sdk installed. Then go to platform-tools folder in it. Right click on free space in folder while pressing shift key.Select open command prompt here.
Now enter commands.)
- Enter following commands.(if you are using adb shell in su for the first time, keep phone screen on. After entering “su” code, super user request prompt in phone. Press allow).
- You now you have deodexed rom.
This tutorial will cover all the steps required to root your Xperia Ray running on Gingerbread-2.3.4 or ICS-4.0.3. Just follow all the steps given below!
P.S. – Your Bootloader should be unlocked to root your device. If it isn’t already unlocked, check this tutorial out – Link
– How to root on Gingerbread
- 1. Download the following file – Link
- 2. Extract the files to a folder on your Desktop.
- 3. Open up the folder and open up the file which reads – “RUNME.bat”
- 4. Follow the on-screen commands!
- 5. Congrats, your device is now rooted!
– How to root on ICS
- 1. Download the following files – Link
- 2. Connect the usb cable to the phone ->run .bat file from zip
- 3. Press any key
- 4. The phone will turn off, wait to switch on again (see the lockscreen)
- 5. Press any key again
- 6. The phone will reboot again(same as 6th step)
- 7. Press any key …again
- 8. Same as 6th step
- 9. Press any key, if the bat closes, you are rooted!
P.S. – USB Debugging should be enabled at all times and remember that you need to install all the required ADB and Android drivers for your device.