Note: This is to be done at your own risk; I am not responsible for any damage or harm caused by this process.Also,all the commands that you have to type have been written down in ‘bold’.
The HTC Legend is the hardest thing I’ve ever rooted.It took me about 8 straight hours to find the right way to downgrade and another 2 hours to root it. This article is just gonna show you how you can downgrade.
Please Follow the Instructions Carefully.
Items Required :
1. HTC Legend
2. 1 MicroSD Card (Gold Card).Use this procedure to make one
3. 1 Micro USB Cable
4. Full Charge Recommended
5. Windows OS (I used Windows 7) – Recommended but not necessary.
Downloads and installations required :
1. Android SDK installed
3. RUU 1.31 for Legend
4. VISIONary+ apk file (Install it to your phone like you would install any other .apk file after downloading)
It’s recommended that you back up Data first —>>
1. Contacts: You can save you’re contacts from you’re legend by clicking contacts, menu, import/export and export to SD Card.
2. SMS: Get the SMS Backup and Restore App form Market, Install and Save it on to the SD Card.
3. Backup Complete SD Card: Copy all the contents of the SD Card and save it onto the PC.
Step 1 – Install Android SDK (If you don’t have it already) on your PC/Mac and then Extract hack4legend-v5.zip to your C Drive.
Step 2 – Move the files contained in hack4legend-v5.zip into your sdk/platform-tools directory so your pushes will work properly.
FOR ALL OS’s Make sure your phone has Applications->Development->USB Debugging turned on.Do NOT have your phone in Disk Drive Mode, have it in Charge Only.
Open a terminal window in your platform-tools directory and type these commands –
crackin.sh (For Mac/Linux) or crackin.bat (For Windows)
Your phone will reboot 5 times and you WILL see several error messages.Don’t worry.It’s all normal.
If the last error you get looks like this, ‘ c—rw—- 1 1001 2002 90, 0 Jul 19 16:19 /dev/mtd/mtd0′ then you’re all set to move on to the next step otherwise keep trying by either resetting phone to factory settings or by making a new gold card.
Step 3 – Install VISIONary+ on your phone using the .apk provided above (if you already haven’t).Then,’Temproot’ your phone.Once you are temprooted, connect via ‘adb’ and type the following commands –
su (to get root)
/data/local/flash_image misc /data/local/misc1-2.img
Step 4 – Run the RUU (like any other .exe) you downloaded earlier to downgrade to version 2.1 – it should be possible to do so now.
For rooting your device check out this post.
Now that you’ve downgraded your legend to Android 2.1,just root it the normal way.
All the Information in this guide is taken from the works of following Authors :
1. wag3slav3: (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725430)
2. Paul (http://android.modaco.com/content/ht…rom-froyo-ota/)
3. TheDeadCpu: (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=746454)
Special Credits – icebuck